Now accepting Applications
CITY OF CLAYTON
Office term: Indefinite term beginning April 2017, at the pleasure of the City Council.
- There is one (1) vacant City Treasurer volunteer position available.
The City Treasurer is a non-compensated position appointed by the Clayton City Council wholly on the basis of such person’s ability and qualifications in financial management, accounting, auditing, or similar background. Upon assumption of office, the City Treasurer shall be a registered voter of the City. The City Treasurer or designee shall perform all of the duties imposed upon him or her as required by law. Such duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Audit the City’s financial records and transactions.
- Review and evaluate finance documents for accuracy and compliance with principles of Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Provide signature for payments made in the absence of the City Clerk.
- Provide Signature on related Finance Department records that require approval by the City Treasurer.
- Works with the City Manager and Finance Manager to oversee and manage the City’s investment practices; audits the City’s cash position, and audits banks reconciliation.
- Attend City meetings when necessary to discuss and/or explain finance related issues.
- May be assigned to special projects or task forces outside the normal scope of duties.
In addition, the position will be covered by the City’s errors and omissions insurance policies.
An application may be obtained:
In person: Clayton City Hall
6000 Heritage Trail
By mail: Call City offices at (925) 673-7300
Please return a completed application to the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m., Thursday, April 13, 2017. Full City Council interview of applicants will be held on April 18, 2017 and are open to the public. Appointment is expected to be made later that same evening at the City Council meeting of April 18, 2017. Applications filed are subject to public disclosure, and the appointed commissioner must file a Statement of Economic Interests required by the CA Fair Political Practices Commission.