City of Clayton
is accepting applications
TWO (2) OFFICES
Term: July 2017 through June 2019
The Planning Commission is comprised of five (5) Clayton residents who are appointed by the City Council for two-year overlapping terms of office. The Planning Commission advises the City Council on land use matters, including General Plan amendments and Zoning Ordinance amendments. The Commission also makes decisions on development projects such as Site Plan Review Permits, Use Permits, Subdivisions, and Variances. Planning Commission meetings are open to the public and its decisions may be appealed to the City Council.
- The Planning Commission meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, 7:00 pm, in Hoyer Hall at Clayton Community Library, 6125 Clayton Road, Clayton, CA.
- Planning Commissioners presently receive a monthly stipend of $120.
- An applicant must be at least 18 years of age, a registered voter, and a resident of Clayton.
- There are two (2) Commission office term expiring on June 30, 2017.
- Applications filed are a public record. Each Commissioner must file a state-required Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700) on appointment and annually thereafter, which document is a public record subject to public disclosure.
Applications may be obtained:
In person: Clayton City Hall
6000 Heritage Trail
By mail: Call City offices at (925) 673-7300
Interested citizens are invited to return a completed application to the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m., Thursday, June 15, 2017. Individual interview of each applicant will be conducted by the full City Council, which meeting is open to the public and tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 20, 2017 in the early evening. Final appointments are expected to be made later that evening at the City Council’s regular public meeting on Tuesday, June 20, 2017.