On November 16, 2004, the City Council of the City of Clayton adopted Ordinance No. 379, which added Chapter 13.12, entitled Storm Water Management and Discharge Control to Title 13 of the Clayton Municipal Code.
The intent of this Chapter is to protect and enhance the water quality in the City of Clayton’s watercourses pursuant to, and consistent with the Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act (Water Code section 13000 et seq.) and the Federal Clean Water Act (33 U.S.C. section 1251 et seq.).
It is the purpose of the City Council in enacting this chapter to protect the health, safety and general welfare of Clayton’s citizens by:
- minimizing non-stormwater discharges, whose pollutants would otherwise degrade the water quality of local streams, to the stormwater system.
- Minimizing increases in non-point source pollution caused by stormwater runoff from development that would otherwise degrade local water quality.
- Controlling the discharge to the City’s stormwater system from spills, dumping or disposal of materials other than stormwater.
- Reducing stormwater run-off rates and volumes and nonpoint source pollution whenever possible, through stormwater management controls and ensuring that these management controls are properly maintained and pose no threat to public safety.
To review the complete ordinance click here.
Fact Sheets, the draft Stormwater C.3 guidebook, and other C.3 materials can be downloaded from the Clean Water web site.
TO REPORT ILLEGAL DUMPING OR A SPILL:
Call 1-800-NO DUMPING (1-800-663-8674).
If you are aware of an emergency and need an immediate response, call 911
Information on stormwater issues, watershed characteristics, and stormwater pollution prevention alternatives, can be obtained by clicking on the following links:
- Point of Contact: http://www.cccleanwater.org/contact/
- Stormwater Issues: http://www.cccleanwater.org/stormwater-issues-101/
- Watershed Characteristics: http://www.cccleanwater.org/watersheds/watershed-maps/
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Alternatives: http://www.cccleanwater.org/preventpollution/landscaping/