As required in the City’s Housing Element, the Community Development Department maintains and annually updates the inventory of all affordable housing units within the City of Clayton. One may download and view the City’s list at: Affordable Housing Inventory.
The City does not maintain a waitlist of persons interested in occupying or purchasing an affordable housing unit in Clayton. If interested in such a possibility, it is recommended the affordable housing unit property owner be contacted directly to find out how to apply and/or be placed on their waitlist. For certain affordable housing units associated with the City’s financial support, the City must certify the annual income eligibility of any household pursuing ownership of that affordable housing unit.
Community Housing and Homeless Prevention Resources
Please visit the links below to find additional resources for housing and other services in Contra Costa County:
- Learn more about Steps to Find Affordable Housing
- Affordable housing in Contra Costa County
- County and State homebuyer assistance programs
- Emergency Housing, Health & Social Services (Contra Costa 211)
- Foreclosure Prevention Assistance and State of California hardship & foreclosure assistance
- California Tenant/Landlord Rights & Responsibilities
- Section 8 Housing/ Contra Costa Housing Authority
- Youth Services
- Homeless Veteran Services
Housing Element (2015-2023)
Information on the City’s Housing Element can be found here.