This local historic building was originally built as the Methodist Episcopal Church in the 1860s and acquired by Congregational Church Christian Endeavor Society in 1896. After their services ended in 1916, volunteer trustees maintained the building for community use until after the Loma Prieta Earthquake of 1989, when they deeded the property to the City.
Meetings for Clayton City government were held in the building until the Library was completed in 1995. The Clayton Redevelopment Agency restored and added bathrooms and a full kitchen to the building, which was completed in February 2001. Sidewalks, street lamps, and a parking lot around the site were added during the recent completion of the downtown revitalization of Center Street by the Redevelopment Agency.
Endeavor Hall Rental Facility Features:
- The floor area in the Hall is approximately 25′ wide x 35′ long (875 square feet) with an additional stage area being approximately 20′ wide x 20′ long (400 square feet). There are 90 cloth covered chairs (to remain indoors) and 25 rectangular tables (outside use ok).
- Event seating in the Hall floor area for 100-120 or up to 100 persons for dining (including the stage area)
- Outdoor courtyard with dining for an additional 50 persons.
- The Courtyard area is approximately 1,00 square feet with a 15′ x 15′ trellis. There are 32 resin chairs and 8 resin tables.
- Commercial kitchen facilities, including a commercial catering stove, oven, refrigerator, and small freezer, and commercial dishwasher and sinks.
- The facility is completely accessible by ADA and Title 24 standards.
- Plenty of public parking is available around the facility as well as 44 parking stalls in the parking lot adjacent to the back of the building ( of which one is a designated handicapped stall).
- The facility is equipped with heating and air conditioning. (Please note: cool building temperatures cannot be maintained with doors opened for an extended period of time during hot weather.)
Endeavor Hall Rental Rates:
Different rental rates are available for: residents, non-residents/commercial organizations, Clayton-based non-profit organizations, and non-Clayton-based non-profit organizations. Please refer to the effective City Master Fee Schedule for current rental rates and refundable deposit requirements. In addition, please see the Facility Rental Policy for use restrictions and other policies.
Endeavor Hall Availability:
The facility is available for rent on the following dates and times:
Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Please call us at 925-673-7300 to check whether the historical Endeavor Hall is available on your event date. Applications are processed first-come first-serve basis, so call us soon!