The City Council is the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency (RDA) of the City of Clayton. When the City Council convenes as the Success Agency to the Redevelopment Agency, meeting agendas and minutes are posted on the Agenda section of the City of Clayton website.
Oversight Board of the Successor Agency
The Oversight Board of the Successor Agency to the City of Clayton Redevelopment Agency was formed pursuant to California Assembly Bill x1 26, which dissolved all redevelopment agencies in the State of California. The seven member Oversight Board consists of the following members:
- One member appointed by the County Board of Supervisors
- One member of the public appointed by the County Board of Supervisors
- One member appointed by the mayor of city that formed the redevelopment agency
- One member form the recognized employee organization representing the employees of the former redevelopment agency
- One member appointed by the largest special district, by property tax share, with territory in the jurisdiction of the former redevelopment agency (Contra
Costa Fire District)
- One member appointed by the superintendent of Schools to represent schools
- One member appointed by the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges to represent community colleges in the district
The Oversight Board has fiduciary responsibility to the holders of enforceable obligations and the taxing entities that benefit from the distributions of property tax and other revenue. The Oversight Board will oversee the winding down process of the former Redevelopment Agency of the City of Clayton.
By statute, each Successor Agency is responsible for preparing a Recognized Obligation Payments Schedule (ROPS) in a manner provide by the California Department of Finance (DOF), listing the enforceable obligations of the former RDA and their source of payment. ROPS are subject to the approval of the local Oversight Board and submitted to the DOF on an annual basis [prior to ROPS periods beginning July 1, 2016, ROPS were filed with the DOF on a semi-annual basis].