Clayton Police Department
I appreciate you taking the time to visit the Clayton Police Department website. The City of Clayton is a beautiful city that values families and community. The Clayton Police are committed to working with the community in a collaborative effort to reduce crime, increase traffic safety and address quality of life issues. Our Officers serve the residents and visitors of Clayton with respect and professionalism and always do their best to provide for the needs of their citizens.
Our greatest measure of success is the strong relationship we have with our community. We are always looking for feedback, comments, and suggestions and encourage you to contact us with any you may have.
Chief Warren has over 28 years of law enforcement experience, retiring from the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff in 2018 as an Assistant Sheriff. Elise is also an animal lover and volunteers at Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation.
The mission of the Clayton Police Department is to provide competent, effective public safety services to all persons, with the highest regard for human dignity through professional, ethical law enforcement practices. The Clayton Police Department will carry out its responsibilities with integrity, and in a manner which enhances the quality of life in Clayton.
The vision of the Clayton Police Department is a community protected and served by a quality police force, prepared and expertly trained to protect life and property, working as a cohesive team of proud professionals who have earned the respect of our citizens and other law enforcement agencies.
- We value the sanctity and protection of human life and adherence to constitutional principles as our highest priority.
- We value the oath we took to uphold the constitution and enforce the law with integrity and professionalism in all aspects of our service.
- We value our community, its residents and natural resources and our role in preserving a safe environment.
- We value the citizens of our community and encourage their involvement in matters that directly affect the safety and quality of their neighborhood and their lives.
- We value professional and personal conduct which is both honest and ethical.
- We value the opportunity to grow and advance with the support and encouragement of our agency to improve in an atmosphere free from harassment or discrimination.
- We value a work environment that is free of harassment and unlawful discrimination.
- We value open communication, innovation, diversity and accountability.
- We value employee involvement in decision making.
- We value our fellow employees, recognizing that the human resource is our greatest asset.
- We value one another.
Police Department Contact Information
Police Administration: (925) 673-7350
Information, inquiries, vacation house checks, RV permits
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Non-Emergency Police Dispatch: (925) 603-5993
Emergency Dispatch: 911